Plastic Fantastic- How Plastic Contributes to a Promising Future
A Life without Plastics- Unimaginable!
Albeit the negative attitude towards plastic that is present in the world, a life without plastic seems preposterous. Right from our computers, tablets, and phones to furniture, vehicles, clothes, packaging, and much more, plastic is an extremely crucial part of our daily lives. Plastic and plastic products assist the daily workings of society in multiple ways and play an important role in reshaping and meeting the needs of our society. Plastic also contributes tremendously to the healthcare sector and is positively influenced by its presence. You will be surprised to know that plastic also helps us to overcome a number of global challenges such as the easy distribution of food and drinking water. Would we have been able to transport drinking water to the drought-stricken areas without plastic bottles? Or would we have been able to transport food to the remotest corners of the world to help starving children without proper plastic packaging and storage facilities? Despite this, the packaging is used to protect and carried food from farms, restaurants, markets to our homes for a comfortable life and better nourishment, nevertheless nearly 35% of total food is being wasted/spoiled every year.
How Plastic has Radically Changed Our Lives
Strong, lightweight, and mouldable, plastics are used in thousands of products that add comfort, convenience, and safety to our everyday lives. Plastics are unquestionably saving millions of lives due to its wider applications in the medical and healthcare sectors. Plastics and plastic products help society in multiple ways that you could not imagine; and, how even after disposal it can contribute to the promising future. Plastic has radically changed our lifestyles in many ways and here are some of the major areas where plastic has proved to be a boon so far.
- Plastics and Packaging-Plastic’s lightweight and durable qualities make it an ideal package partner for a number of items across the world. Its rigid and strength make it the best packaging material for fragile or breakable items that need to be transported across long distances, or its mouldable qualities allow us to store a number of perishable items safely. Food stays fresh longer when tightly wrapped in plastic and decreases the number of preservatives needed to keep food fresh.
- Plastics and Transportation-Because plastic is both lightweight and durable, it makes an ideal material for manufacturing cars, trucks, and other vehicles. Plastics make up ten percent of the new vehicle’s total weight and over 50 percent of their volume. Steering wheels, door liners, and stereo components are made of plastic, as are less visible parts, such as engine components. For every ten percent reduction in weight, a car or truck will save five to seven percent in fuel usage. Reduction in vehicle weight translates into a reduction in carbon dioxide emissions.
- Plastics and Energy Efficiency-The use of supplying and manufacturing plastics provides a huge reduction in the greenhouse effect and they are energy-intensive alternatives as well. As mentioned above, plastic helps many commercial aircraft, cars, and heavy machinery to remain light in weight, improve fuel efficiency, and reduce carbon efficiency considerably which automatically leads to a reduction in pollution. Plastic plays a significant role in renewable energy resources since the wind turbine blades and solar panels are constructed out of durable and conductible plastics.
- Plastics in Healthcare-Plastics increase the efficiency and hygiene of medicine from the surgery suite to the physician’s office. Plastic syringes and tubing are disposable to reduce disease transmission.We have witnessed in Covid-19 Pandemic, the remarkable usage of plastic accessories, such as masks, tubing, syringes,disposable blood bags, gloves, and all other life protecting gears that are truly saving and prolonging our health. Plastic product versatility and design aesthetics are a boon for medical users to follow the no-touch, germ-free method of care and treatment.
- Plastics and Electronics-In today’s technologically advancing world, can you imagine a life without smartphones, tablets, or laptops? Even the huge LED in our living rooms contains components of plastic that allow it to be made so sleek and lightweight. All the electronics items which are a day to day essential in our lives in the 21st century have a large amount of plastic in them in order to make them lightweight, sleek, and durable.
So, now you know how important a role plastic plays in the various sectors of the industry as well as our daily lives and adds value to the society, contributes to the rapid progression of technology and helps to maintain a safe, healthy and convenient lifestyle while taking care of the environment. Uma Plastoware is the leading manufacturer in excellent quality moulded plastic household ware, thermoware, and office stationery products. A recurrent and progressive trust with the quality of plastic has allowed us to become one of the most sought after trendsetters in the manufacturing sector.